During this season, it’s more important than ever to stay connected with your church family. There will be many opportunities to meet online and in person.
We will be meeting online using a platform called Zoom which allows for quick and easy group video meetings. You are able to join these meetings by using your mobile, tablet, laptop or computer. If you’ll be using your laptop or computer, be sure it has a camera and microphone built-in.
HOW TO INSTALL ZOOM
Here are step-by-step instructions to be able to download the app, join the meeting, and be part of a meeting.
- Download the Zoom app on your mobile device or computer.
- Once you have downloaded the app, you are all set for the first meeting.
- We will, or your Pastor or leader will send you an email or text with a meeting link or a meeting code before your group meeting time.
To access the meeting via email: open your email on the device that you will be using for the Zoom meeting. Click or tap the Join Link in the email invite.
- To access the meeting via the app: open the app on your phone or tablet.
Tap “Join a Meeting” and enter the 9-digit meeting code.
If your group leader hasn’t started the meeting yet, a screen will pop up with a “Waiting for the host to start”.
3. The Pastors or leaders will have the Zoom meeting ready to go for your group’s meeting time. Your small group leaders will be in contact with you with your meeting time if it has changed at all.
4. Select “Join with Video” in the window that opens. You can turn on and off audio and video using the microphone and camera buttons that are in the lower left-hand corner of the Zoom meeting window.
If you can’t hear audio, make sure that the volume is up on your phone. Check out the video below for more info about how to configure your audio and video.
To help prevent background noise interruptions, please mute your mic when you are not speaking using the little button on the lower left-hand side of your screen.